Friday, December 04, 2009

Maybe it's because I'm a midlander

Had a trip down south on Tuesday for the London launch of The Corner of Arundel Lane and Charles Street. It was good to finally meet the Salt team, and there were some great performances by Matthew Sweeney, Eleanor Rees (launching her second collection, Eliza and the Bear, with extracts from the long title poem – I left with the striking image of a bear in the bath), and John Hartley Williams, reading poems and doing some really interesting poetry-and-jazz thangs with his jazz singer daughter Natalie Williams.

Didn't get much of a chance to chat after as I had to negotiate past a security guard to get to my bed for the night (if that sounds posh, let me tell you it was in Deptford). Walking the streets and trotting on to the tube I felt very much the bumpkin, though I deliberately wore my flat cap for the purpose.

Chris H-E at Salt tells me the book's just had a reprint, which is great news. People are buying it. If you haven't yet, have a look at it and read the PDF sample. I'm doing signed copies for a tenner including postage, and with Christmas round the corner, etc etc. Email me via tw[at]tonywilliamsdesign.co.uk if you're interested. Ho ho ho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home