Wednesday, May 20, 2009

...and back on again?

Well, twenty-four hours is a long time in publishing, or somesuch lazy paraphrase.

It's now looking more hopeful that Salt will be able to publish the rest of 2009's list, including The Corner of Arundel Lane and Charles Street. I'm very pleased, if not entirely at ease, on my own account. The future's still looking tough generally though. You can help by going to the Salt website and buying one (or more) of their excellent books. 

Thanks to those who've been in touch today. I appreciate it. Here's hoping the wonders, and dedication, of the Salt team will never cease.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Philip said...

It's good news indeed. I spoke to Chris earlier this afternoon. His and Jen's determination and strength never cease to astound me. Here's to your book and the rest of 2009's list. Here's to the wonder of Salt.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Ben Wilkinson said...

This is great news, Tony. I'm looking forward to getting hold of both your book and Abi Curtis's Unexpected Weather in particular, among other forthcoming Salt titles.

I do hope Salt continues to be a prominent force in the world of UK poetry. Having reviewed many collections in recent months for various publications, I can honestly say that those I found most stimulating were Salt titles - Rob Mackenzie's The Opposite of Cabbage and Mark Waldron's The Brand New Dark. They've published some great poets in recent years.

And on an unrelated note, before I forget, many thanks for your generous piece on my pamphlet.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Tony Williams said...

Andrew, Ben, Nic, woohoo indeed! It sounds as if people are responding to the Just One Book campaign, though obviously this needs sustaining. It's payday, so I've just ordered another Salt book.

Ben, you're welcome - I enjoyed reading the pamphlet. I'd be interested to know (maybe not squirreled away in the comments box - in a separate post on your or my blog, perhaps? Or a private email?) how you see yourself technically - which contemporary (or indeed dead and gone) poets you feel akin to?

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home