Thursday, November 13, 2008

Aaargh

This blog's been quiet since the beginning of November, partly because I've been busy and partly because I have a few subjects (WG Sebald & EA Markham, since you ask) I want to blog about, but which need more attention than I can give them at present.

Rob Mackenzie mentions the writer's block that follows acceptance of a MS for publication. I don't quite know if I have that strain exactly - I've written not-much all year - but it's certainly true that the liberation of being able to start something new is also a kind of bind.

I have a sequence in mind, and made a start by writing seven poems in seven days at PFFA. Although the pieces I've written this last week have some goodish features, I find that none of them quite deliver the effect I am looking for. I'll keep at it, but I think a sustained period of reading is in order, to de-gunk the old nogginbox and make the conceivable feasible. Aye.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...reads the poems...

You know that old thing about breaking thumbs? Are you now too old for that necessary treatment?

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with..

9:02 PM  
Blogger Tony Williams said...

er, thanks Jim, for the threat of physical harm...

Thanks Jon

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home