Thursday, July 07, 2011

All the Rooms of Uncle's Head at Ledbury

Just back from a mammoth trip mixing family and friends, work and pleasure over a distance of six or seven hundred miles of motorway. The work bits were hardly onerous – on Saturday I filled in an author questionnaire (mainly draft blurb/promo material) for my book of flash fiction coming out with Salt next summer; and on Monday I read at Ledbury Poetry Festival in a de facto launch of All the Rooms of Uncle's Head, my new pamphlet with Nine Arches Press.

I read with Alasdair Paterson, who read mainly from his striking Flarestack pamphlet Brumaire and Later but also from his Shearsman book On the Governing of Empires. We did a pamphlet swap and later that evening I sat outside the bunkhouse we were staying at and read Alasdair's through, drinking Stella and watching a pair of peregrines above the woods opposite. It's a coherent, lovely pamphlet, and I'm looking forward to buying and reading the Shearsman book.

You can buy copies of All the Rooms of Uncle's Head at the link, or direct from me at a reading – next one is Trashed Organ at the Bridge Hotel in Newcastle on Wednesday 13 July, 7.30 start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home