Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Spider! O my Spider!

Triumphant this morning having won a prize at Wallace Stevens's birthday party. Also an enormous spider was prowling around the bed, but when I came back from the bathroom one of the dogs had slaughtered it and was rubbing it into the carpet with his paw. There is a strange symmetry here because he kills them and doesn't eat them, while my old dog Minty used to eat them without killing them.

After much chewing and theatrical swallowing, he'd lie there for twenty minutes before a gallant little leg lifted up his jowl and the doughty blighter scurried out.

I intend to post something actually about poetry later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, the spider thing is gross from *any* angle. Well done on the valuable-beyond-comprehension prize, though.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Tony Williams said...

It is gross, but it's also true, so I shall not shirk etc etc.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home